The World Taido Federation (WTF) was established on April 1, 1984 by Taido’s founder, Seiken Shukumine. Our purpose is to work for the spread of Taido worldwide while preserving the ethics, spirit and original idea of Taido.
The WTF consists of sovereign member nations, represented in the Congress by three representatives per National Taido Organisation (NTO). Between the Congress Assemblies, the WTF is run by the Executive Board.
Currently, the Board consists of:
- Vice President
- Vice Chairperson
- General Secretary
- General Treasurer
General activities include international tournament and ranking administration and assistance with events hosted by member NTOs. WTF does not dictate the activities of member NTOs, nor does it offer instruction to individual students.
The WTF consists of the following member organisations:
(each National Taido Organisation is a sovereign organisation)
- American Taido Association (AmTA)
- Australian Taido Association (ATA)
- British Taido Association (BTA)
- Danish Taido Association (DTA)
- Dutch Taido Federation (DTF)
- Finnish Taido Association (FTA)
- French Taido Association (FrTA)
- German Taido Association (GTA)
- Japan Taido Association (JTA)
- Portuguese Taido Association (PTA)
- Swedish Taido Association (STA)
If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message.